
Sunday night the whole city hikes 17 Kilometers on a closed off road to the temple on a mountain. This is to celebrate Buddha’s birth, death, and enlightenment. The hike starts at 7:39pm and goes all night long. We joined in the hot march around 10pm and arrived around 2am. There were vendors all along the way. There were monks and worship areas adorning the sides of the street. There were very old people making the journey, which I was impressed by because it wasn’t exactly easy and there were a lot of teenagers hanging out and having fun on their annual trip to the temple…kind of like an excuse to stay out all night. It was incredibly crowded at the top of the mountain. I didn’t even make it to the actual temple (luckily I went the day before). I just stopped and ate chocolate, banana waffles on a stick. It was heavenly. We were pretty much the only white people there and a few people snapped pictures of us.

...right after we reached the top
check out the slide show for more super pics

1 comment:
Jessica!! I found your blogness. Well Thailand seems amazing, and I'm sure your living life to the fullest. Provo is great and I'm staying busy with soccer,school, work and Ben. So how'd you like that c.d. we got?
Post a Comment