I moved out of the University dorms in with a host family. I won't lie, the transition wasn't the easiest at first. I went from complete freedom in Chiang Mai to the awkwardness of living in a home outside of the city with limited communication skills. I wasn't sure how to properly greet people or how to eat the food etc etc. Luckily, my host family is awesome and super nice. In about 2 days, I realized that I am getting a once and a lifetime opportunity and am learning so much more than I could alone. My host Dad, Pi-mo is a professor of electrical engineering and is a retired cop. There are some billboards around town with his picture on them advertising the police force. My host mom, Pi-A, is a teacher at the school I teach at and she is an excellent traditional Thai dancer. Soon she is going to teach me..I can't wait! They have two children, Suteme and Jetja. Suteme is 12 years old and goes to school 7 days a week learning English and Chinese on the weekends. Jetja is 6 years old and is the cutest girl ever. I think that we communicate the best. That seems to be the case with children, because you can play! :)
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment