Hanoi, Vietnam was so unique. Due to the country's history with Europe, the architecure is amazing. The buildings are a fusion of Asian and French style that I absolutely love. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, but hopefully I can borrow some from someone else later.
We were in Hanoi for a really short time, but we made it to the Water Puppet Show. This type of show started in the rice fields. The workers made puppets and controlled their movement with long bamboo rods under the water for entertainment. It was really quite impressing how well they can control the puppets!
We visited Ho-chi-minh...literally. Vietnam loved their leader so much that they have preserved his body. We walked past his body surrounded by guards in a cold, dark room illuminated by red lights. It was a little bit creepy (the cold, dark, red part didn't help), but I'm sure it was all for preservation purposes. :) Our professor believes that if America could have preserved George Washington, they would have done it. probably true...In Hochiminh City, I can't even express to you how many motorbikes there are. It is insane. Crossing the street gave an adrenaline rush everytime. Traffic does not stop for anyone. You basically close your eyes and cross the street at a steady pace. Do not stop or hesitate! The traffic flows around you like water. I'm pretty sure it's better than bungy jumping...
thanks for keeping up with my journey!

No comments:
Post a Comment