Thursday, July 3, 2008

Out of town...




Hey just wanted to let you all know that I will be out of Chiang Mai for a few weeks so I probably won't be posting anything new for awhile. We are starting our trip around Southeast Asia tonight. I'm so excited! We are going to Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Vietnam. Wow ay? I'm so lucky.
Alyse and I said goodbye to our students yesterday and it was an overwhelming experience. The teachers made our favorite dish, pad thai and threw a party for us. The students only found out we were leaving the day before, but they made gifts for us. All day long they handed us handmade gifts. If they didn't make anything, they searched throught their bags and gave us something of their own. The little girls kissed our arms and hugged us all day long. I joked with Alyse and told her I was leaving self-esteem behind at Soppoengwittaya School. You just can't beat getting hugged every day and being told you are beautiful every 5 mintues! I can't even express how wonderful it was to be a part of our 400 students' lives. They taught us so much more than we could teach them.

No comments: